Founded by Lyle Parks Jr., in 1960, LPJ is now one of the premier retail-oriented contractors operating out of Southern California. Our commitment to excellence and innovation is evident in our finished product, which can be seen throughout the retail, entertainment, and mixed-use marketplaces.
6 Decades of Satisfying Customers
- Lyle Parks Jr. works as a laborer with J.L. Blair, building houses for Frank Lloyd Wright Jr.
- July 1, 1960 Lyle Parks Jr. obtains his contractor’s license.
- Lyle’s first job of size was a home remodel in Pico Rivera, CA.
- Soon after, a 2,000 square foot house in Hacienda Heights, and a 4-unit apartment building in Montebello.
- Lyle slowly moves into industrial properties, then commercial and office buildings and finally shopping centers.
- June 1970 Company is Incorporated and formally becomes Lyle Parks Jr., Inc.
- Gemco Rancho Cucamonga: Project for Ralph and Goldie Lewis, founders of Lewis Homes.
- Albertsons Corona: One of many grocery stores to be built by LPJ including Von’s, Ralphs, Albertsons and Alpha Beta.
- Placentia Plaza II: First project for Diversified Shopping Centers is built in 1976.
- First Mervyns built by LPJ in Alhambra. Others include: Whittier, Anaheim Hills, Burbank, Corona, Highland, Santa Maria and Palmdale
- Diversified Shopping Centers: Plaza Del Rio, Village Plaza, Bristol Village Plaza, San Dimas Plaza, and Callens Corner l and ll.
- The Lyle Parks Jr., Construction offices were located at the corner of Palm and Lambert in La Habra, CA.
- LPJ begins its transition from building supermarkets to becoming one of Southern California’s premier retail contractors.
- Imperial Center East, Brea was a pre-cursor to the modern day power center.
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon-LPJ’s first project for Chelsea-a Simon Company built in 1994. This was the first of many phases that LPJ completed at Desert Hills. Other projects for Chelsea include Camarillo Premium Outlets.
- LPJ begins working with The CIM Group.
- Lyle Park Jr., Construction continues to grow in the Southern California market.
- LPJ works with more developers to build trendy retail shopping centers.
- Project highlights during this timeframe include:
- Eastvale South
- West Covina Heights
- Countryside Marketplace
- Camarillo Promenade
- MacArthur Park Metro
Satisfying Client Needs Through Partner-Build™
Partner-Build™ is a proactive team concept developed to control construction costs, accelerate schedules, and prevent expensive last-minute plan changes. Since its inception, this exclusive technique has evolved from an innovative business practice to the driving force behind the mutual success of LPJ and its clients.
Lyle Parks Jr., Construction has been providing General Contracting and Preconstruction services to the development community for over 59 years and has a foundation of experience that helps us communicate fluidly while addressing the challenges associated with all projects. Lyle Parks Jr., Construction has implemented the Partner-Build™ approach to provide clients and developers with high level management service and innovative techniques to provide successful results.
Not only do we understand the construction process, we have established relationships with city representatives, engineers and sub-contractors throughout the Southern California region. We have done extensive work in Southern California and are trained in the complexities of submittals, ordinances and permits. We also have licenses to operate in the following states: Arizona, Nevada, Montana, and Hawaii.
LPJ is one of the premier retail-oriented contractors operating in Southern California and is qualified to provide preconstruction and construction services to developers who are looking to be impressed. Partner-Build™ has helped LPJ to negotiate and develop an impressive portfolio of projects that have various specialty requirements and finishes for countless prototypes.